Thursday, November 25, 2010

netflix


I love my Netflix. Most of the time. The problem is that I like to share with people, like my mom and my dad, etc. Now, that in itself wouldn't be a problem except that my mom keeps rating the movies she watches on my account.
Now, those of you who are familiar with Netflix know that when you rate a movie, the algorithms built into the program will select other, similar movies to suggest to you. Wait, no, you don't even have to rate the movie, you only need to watch it. So my mom, who's rating the films she watches, and I use the word "film" rather than "movie" because most of what she watches is from the 40s, 50s, whatever, you know, those black and white dramas, comedies, etc, films that were actually rather well done-- but not what I want recommended! My dad, on the other hand, has a 2-yr-old. Need I say more?
Not to worry, I do appreciate well done films, but I've taken too many film classes to just sit back and relax watching an old movie, I'm always admiring filming technique, witty dialogue, etc. Not what I need when I'm looking for a quick, fun, recent, rom com at the end of a long day.

As much as I like sharing, I think I may need to change my password.

No comments:

Post a Comment